Ever-Green Energy is seeking a marketing and communications intern. If you are looking to gain experience in the areas of marketing, communications, and public relations for an organization working on campus and community energy systems, then we encourage you to apply for our marketing and communications intern position located in downtown Saint Paul. The position will start out part-time, working remotely in February, 2021, with a potential to go full-time will be assessed after May. Interviews will begin in January, 2021.
Minimum requirements to be successful in this role:
· Pursuing an associates or bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business management, environmental science, political science, natural science, education, or related field. Preferred – Finalizing a degree during the 2021 academic year.
· Held a previous position with communications and writing responsibilities.
· Strong writing and communication skills
· Experience writing for social media and websites, experience posting a plus
· Experience managing projects with ability to problem solve and work collaboratively on a team
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and willing and able to learn new marketing platforms
Preferred qualifications include:
· At least one year working on marketing, communications, environmental, education, or community projects.
· Experience with science-based storytelling.
· Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator.
The marketing and communications intern will:
1. Assist in developing, writing, and updating content in support of the company’s marketing objectives through various media channels including social media, websites, blog, video, and newsletters.
2. Support customer care objectives through development of customer-facing content, marketing, and engagement.
3. Assist in planning and preparation for customer and visitor meetings, special events, conferences and expos, receptions, board meetings, and seminars.
4. Complete communications and marketing administrative projects, including assistance with electronic file organization and sorting and labeling visual assets.
5. Assist with developing strategies for engaging and educating stakeholders.
6. Support the communications and marketing needs of internal shared services departments, including participation of internal communications efforts.
7. Help with development of community education, engagement, and philanthropy efforts.
8. Assist with tour program needs (if the tour program returns in 2021).
9. Research grant opportunities and assist with compiling content for applications.
10. Support additional activity related to utility or project work through research, writing, and data management.
11. Other duties as assigned
Ever-Green Energy considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, marital or familial status, status concerning public assistance, disability, or Veteran status. All applicants will be considered solely on the basis of their qualifications.
The employer has requested the following documents or materials be submitted with applications.